Monday 2 December 2013

Provence Marinaside

I went to the Provence Marinaside in Yaletown for dinner last night. My friend chose it based on whether they had enough space for five on Sunday night and also served seafood. When she chose it, I was a bit outraged at the prices.

I ordered the Chef Specialty, Rack of Lamb:
As you can see, the rack of lamb were cooked quite perfectly at medium rare. There were potato slices on the side topped with cheese, carrots, and spinach - all cooked perfectly as well.

For dessert, I ordered the double chocolate kahlua cake. I didn't really taste the kahlua, but it was very chocolate-y.
My friend thought it was too rich, but if you took a bit of the cream in each bite, the lightness from the cream nicely balances the denseness of the cake.

Overall, it was a pretty good dinner - I only ate half the rack of lamb, so it was enough for two meals. It's up to you to decide whether or not it will be worth the money spent.

I personally thought it was worth it because the server was so friendly and attentive. Usually, as an Asian, I get the feeling servers don't like to serve us because there's a stereotype we don't tip well. I also used to be a server and hated it when diners ordered hot water. However, our server was very accommodating. Two of my friends arrived earlier and one ordered iced water while the other ordered hot water. When I arrived, the server asked if I wanted hot or cold water. He was a quick learner. I ordered a room temperature water just to test him out and he was professional and took it like it was just another glass of water. I later ordered a glass of red wine from France - I forget the name though. He kept up his game all night, even when the five of us shared two desserts.

Provence Marinaside Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/14/12262/Vancouver/Dash-of-Chili.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete