Thursday 20 August 2015

Golden Garden Vietnamese Cuisine

Went to Golden Garden for dinner tonight. We just happened to be in the neighbourhood around dinner time. I've been here a few times for lunch. It's an interesting little establishment.


It's one of the nicer looking Vietnamese noodle places in town. Fairly clean both in design and physically. Down those stairs you'll find the Chinese Opera Association (or something like that). The members gather there to listen to Chinese Opera. Sometimes you might hear it upstairs, but usually, the background music in the restaurant drown out the opera music.



No sticky plates here.



We both ordered the Bun Bo Hue, a spicy broth usually served with pork hock. Unfotunately, there were no hocks in our noodles. The broth also wasn't seasoned enough and definitely not spicy enough. We also thought that, in comparison to Pho Tan (Main & 30th), there wasn't enough meat while being more expensive.



I don't know why I ordered the Bun Bo Hue, to be honest. I think I was craving Pho, but it didn't even end up being served with Pho (face palm). What I should have ordered was their Vietnamese Sandwiches.

If you've ever been to Au Petite Cafe for their Vietnamese Subs and was amazed by how delicious they are, Golden Garden has comparable sandwiches / subs. They don't serve those fake thin sausage meat in their subs, but use actual meat. I like their Chicken one the most, my mom prefers their Pork Meatballs.

I definitely recommend trying out their subs and will try to remember to go back for their subs and not their Pho next time.


Click to add a blog post for Golden Garden Vietnamese Cuisine on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment