Thursday 26 November 2015

Yolks

Had breakfast at yolks today. I waited a long time to be able to visit on a weekday when it's not so busy. No wait at all.

Three of us had the Benedict. And B had the chicken and waffles.


My aunt had the single egg on portobello and English muffin, with the aged cheddar sauce. She really enjoyed it and said it was very flavourful.


I decided to have the bacon and topped with goat cheese. I thought the hollandaise sauce was too tart for my taste. But I couldn't be sure if it was the sauce or the cheese. I think I will need to try it without the cheese. The egg was cooked perfectly. But the bacon and the muffin were a little over cooked in my opinion and were very tough and hard to cut and chew.


My cousin decided to have the egg on bacon and lemon truffle hash browns. When I first saw it, I thought, I wish I ordered the hash browns. But then I tasted a piece and it was very bland and normal tasting. I couldn't even smell or taste the truffle. My cousin said it was rather mild - until she got to the bottom of the plate where the truffle had collected in a pool. I think perhaps they did not toss it well.


B ordered the chicken and waffles. It's really amazing how something can be both sweet and savory at the same time. The chicken was nice and crispy yet juicy. The waffles and a nice crunch on the outside yet soft in the middle. The gravy was well seasoned and very good.

I always try a Benedict when I first visit a breakfast place as a standard test. The eggs were cooked perfectly but the hollandaise was not good enough. I enjoyed my time there and the service was great, but I don't know if I'd go back on a weekend because I don't think it would be worth the line up. Definitely worth a try on a weekday.

Yolk's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment