Wednesday 20 January 2016

Pourhouse

Finally got a chance to have a meal at Pourhouse, after years of recommendations from family and friends. We decided to go because they didn't do Dine Out (I try to avoid those restaurants now).


The place had a warm and vibrant vibe to it. It was hip and quite crowded for a Wednesday night. Service was prompt and professional. Our server was very friendly.

The special for the night was braised beef ravioli, but it sounded too heavy for me, so I decided to have two "plates" instead.


Ever since I saw that episode of Cutthroat Kitchen I've always wanted to try a scotch egg. I thought it was supposed to be just an egg wrapped in sausage meat but the taste was kind of metallic and "fishy". I have a feeling the egg was cooked a bit too much. The sauce it came with was really good though. It kind of reminded me of a tartar sauce and helped to balance out the strange taste of the egg.


I also decided to try the Rabbit Terrine because, how often do I get to eat rabbit? It tasted fine, a lot of seasoning and flavour. I had hoped that it would be more spreadable and creamy. The pickles and the mustard together with the rabbit gave it a good complex flavour.


As dessert I had the chocolate and almond cake. The cake itself was quite dense and a bit dry. The whipped cream was a great addition and added a bit of lightness to the bite. Altogether, it had a great nutty taste.

All in all, I had quite a good time. The server never hurried us when we were finished eating. We even got our water refilled quite a few times. I may go back, but I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Pourhouse Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment