Tuesday 20 March 2018

Banh Mi Quest: Au Petit Cafe

What's a Banh Mi Quest without a visit to Au Petit Cafe?

Au Petit was where I had my first Banh Mi. Every person I've ever talked to loves Au Petit's sandwiches. They were B's favourite when I first brought him there.

Unfortunately, when we visited this past Sunday, Au Petit's Banh Mi did not live up to expectations.


Cost per Sandwich: $5.75
Bread: 2/5 - I remember when I used to go to Au Petit and they'd be sold out of bread on a weekday. Perhaps they're making more bread these days and not selling out, because this bread was tough and tasted stale.
Sauce: 4/5 - The one thing that kept up its standard. The sauce was creamy, flavourful, and there were lots of it.
Filling: 3/5 - The filling has a good crunch to it, but there was not enough and it need more pickling.
Meat: 3/5 - There was plenty of chicken and it was very flavourful, but it could be more moist.
Value: 2/5 - The price has gone up but the quality has gone down. I don't think it's B's favourite Banh Mi anymore.


Au Petit Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment