Friday 11 July 2014

Trafalgars Bistro

When we came to Trafalgars Bistro for the first time, we promised not to return unless it was a special occasion - since then I've been suggesting it for every special occasion but always got banned. Finally, it was my special day so I chose to return.

Some may say the service is a bit snotty, but my rule is to never let bad service deter me from delicious food.

As an appetizer, I shared the pistachio pate with a friend, which was part of their regular menu. Unfortunately, I was too hungry and the pate was too delicious so I forgot to take a picture. It tasted very strongly of liver, but despite its green colour, had very little pistachio taste.

As my entree, I had a quail dish from their rotating seasonal menu. I wasn't really paying attention to the menu and forgot what it was stuffed with, but it was really good. Bonus, it was deboned.



As dessert, my friends and I shared two desserts: Peanut butter & chocolate mousse (regular menu) and chocolate and raspberry tart (special of the day).


The peanut butter & chocolate mousse was really rich - luckily it was served with some whipped cream to make it less rich.


The tart was definitely the winner. From the moment we heard it being described, to the taste explosion in our mouth. The richness of the chocolate mousse mixing with the tartness of the raspberries were very perfectly balanced. We finished the very last crumb of both desserts.

Here's hoping there's another special occasion coming up so I can return. Recommend for week nights when it's not too busy.
Trafalgars Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment