Sunday 21 September 2014

The Tipper

Returned to the Tipper with a friend today. I'm not sure if they just opened or not because they didn't seem "ready". On the one hand they had dirty tables they had to clear, on the other hand, they weren't ready to serve (i.e. one of the servers was busy cleaning up the bar).

Anyway, we were seated after a minute or so. Our server never came to ask if we wanted anything to drink. After what felt like forever, our server finally came over and noticed we were missing the extra breakfast menu.

I ordered the Samble Benny because I didn't know what a samble was. It's basically scrambled eggs with salsa-like veggies. Served on focacia and drizzled with hollandaise. The dish tasted fine; nothing special. If I return, I will most likely order a normal benny.


My friend ordered the cheddar mushroom omelet. It was nice and cheesy. The omelet was a nice surprise because of the lack of oil. Oftentimes, restaurants screw up a normal omelet by deep frying it in oil. This was perfectly fried. I also get turned off by the vegetable sweat if chefs don't pre-fry the vegetables. There were no such sweat in this omelet. Overall, a well cooked omelet.


Of course, the potatoes were great as usual.

One thing to note this time: There were coffee spoons at every table! I finally have something to stir my coffee with. I wonder if the owner / manager read our blog and decided it was a good idea, because it certainly made my coffee experience much better.
The Tipper on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment