Sunday 31 May 2015

Kessel&March

Went to Kessel&March for lunch today. My two friends ordered coffee, B ordered a lemonade and I ordered iced tea, which they actually didn't have, but was able to bring me a tea and a glass of ice- which worked out perfectly because I don't like my iced tea sweetened.

I ordered the Pate Sandwich. The sandwich was good, they mixed some cucumber into the pate, so it was fresher and not as heavy. I found the bread a little over toasted, and it kind of hurts when I bite into it. Otherwise, it was decent. I liked the minimal dressing for the side salad.


B ordered the Chorizo Hash. It was okay, he enjoyed it. The flavour was boring and he wished there were more chorizo, but it was good. The egg was cooked perfectly and the brown toast tasted fresh. You can tell it was made in house.

My friends ordered the Meat Skillet and the Benedict Royale (shown in order). I didn't get to taste it but they said it was really good. The eggs looked perfectly cooked too, nice and runny.



You may remember from a precious post that I am often disappointed by lava cakes that aren't runny and gooey. This Lava Cake at Kessel&March was made to perfection.


As soon as you put your spoon in it, the chocolate came flowing out. It was rich, chocolately, and not too sweet.


Unfortunately for Kessel&March, they're located right next to the Port Metro Vancouver container terminal so the neighbourhood stank. At first we couldn't smell it anymore when we stepped into the restaurant, but it crept in near the end.

Overall, it's worth a try, but I probably won't return because although the food was good, it was not worth the trip or the smell.


Click to add a blog post for Kessel & March on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment