Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Kitchen

Went to the Kitchen for a work lunch today - excuse the blurry pics, I had to take them quickly before everyone started digging in.

The decor was nice - clean and simple.


We started with some Tweegum Mandu. They were very hot, but decent enough. By itself, it was a little bland, but the sauce helped give it some good flavour.


Then we ordered the Dolsot Bibimbap. It came with some hot sauce, but we didn't mix it in as some of us cannot stand spice. The stone was hot, creating some nice burnt rice we scraped off at the end. It was a good balance of veggies, meat and rice. I kind of wish the egg was just cracked on top like they do in Korea instead of fried and placed on top, but I guess we have health and food safety standards in Vancouver.


I also ordered the Soondooboo Jigae because I really missed it. We had it with seafood because I thought we had too much meat already. It came sizzling hot so I think some of the liquid evaporated - there wasn't enough soup to go around. It had lots of tofu in it though and tasted just fine. I think it could do with a little more salt though.


We also ordered the LA Galbi, which was very flavourful, very sweet. There was a good ratio of veggie to beef.


Last, we have the Dak Bulgogi. I think the flavours of this and the LA Galbi were the same except we had chicken instead. The meat was cooked perfectly and tender.


Generally a good meal. Price-wise, a little more than other Korean Restaurants, but I guess that's what you have to pay in the Point Grey neighbourhood.

Service was quick and friendly, tea was free and delicious. Lots of free neighbourhood parking. I probably won't return, but would recommend it if someone was looking for Korean food in the neighbourhood.

Click to add a blog post for The Kitchen on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment