Wednesday 29 January 2014

Horizons

We were invited to join my fifteen family members at Horizons for my little cousin's birthday. Normally, I would say that's a bad idea - for seventeen people to dine at a quiet romantic type restaurant, but I'm glad I was wrong.

For this dine out, I ordered from the dine out menu and my partner ordered from the normal menu. Our table shared two bottles of Lindeman's Bin 45 Cabernet Sauvignon. It went down so smooth my uncle said you can drink it straight from the bottle.


As appetizer, I ordered the crab cake. At first I thought it was too fishy, it didn't taste like fresh crab meat. Then I realized it was served with wasabi, and it was the "wow" factor in the dish.


As our entree, I ordered the pork tenderloin while my partner ordered the New York Steak, rare.

The pork was really tender, juicy, and flavourful. I was afraid we were going to be shortchange during dine out, but the dish was so big we had to pack half of it.


The steak was done just right. It was properly cooked - pink throughout and cool in the middle. It was juicy and tasty. It was really good steak. We also packed half.


For dessert, I ordered the raspberry green tea creme brûlée. My partner ordered the brownie. The green tea flavour from the creme brûlée caught me off guard. It was so strong, but so deliciously balanced by the tartness of the raspberry, which is ever so light. The brownie was the exact opposite - dense, and the texture created by the nuts mixed in was great.



The menu says they add 15% gratuity to parties of 8 or more, but not for us! That's such a brilliant thing to do when you give good service - because you can always get more than that if we have a good time!

Horizons on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment