Monday 20 January 2014

Tivoli's

We arrived at Tivoli's Restaurant on a Friday night for dinner, it was really quiet. By the time we left there were just two other tables the whole night. I don't know how the servers stay so friendly and polite when there's no business.

The food started out pretty good. My partner had the chicken jeera hash cake and I had the coconut prawns. They were both flavorful, has great texture, and well presented.



As main course, we had the braised lamb shank and the roast pork porchetta. The lamb shank was really tender, but the taste wasn't the best. I thought it was too gamey, and my partner was just not impressed with the taste. The skin on the pork was so tough I couldn't cut through it with a steak knife. When my mother makes roast pork, the skin is crispy you can just bite through it. The taste was good though.



Dessert was a travesty. I think they order in. There's no way a decent chef can make something fresh taste that bad. Even with a "trio" of chocolate treats, none of them were decent.


It's really too bad as the setting and service were both great.

Tivoli's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment