Monday 21 December 2015

Bistro Verde

Had a girl's night out at Bistro Verde since people keep talking about "the restaurant at Nordstrom's" like it was a big deal.

The decor is nice, welcoming and there's a nice view of downtown. There's a lot of new / green servers or people in general because:

1) my reservation was for 3 people and they didn't bother to confirm before taking away all but 2 settings; and

2) they didn't know who had already helped us and given us our water order - complimentary sparkling or still water, fancy that


We had some complimentary bread to start with some olive oil. Unfortunately the bread was hard, chewy, and cold. I really wished they were warm.


I had the Ginger Crusted Ahi Tuna Salad - napa  cabbage, blistered green beans, red pepper, seasoned wontons, candied ginger, soy glaze, spicy thai basil vinaigrette. One of my companions also ordered the same dish. I ordered it with dressing on the side and when they brought it out, they weren't sure which was which.

Taste-wise, it was solid. I especially liked the crispy wontons that gave it more texture - not that it needed more as the salad was crispy and fresh. The soy glaze was very sweet and the tuna was cooked very well. I have nothing negative to say about the dish at all. The vinaigrette itself was also very tasty, and you could really taste the thai basil.


We also shared a bottle of the featured white wine, which I have forgotten the name to but was very fresh.

We didn't get dessert because nothing popped out at us in the menu. They have the standard chocolate cake, a bread pudding, and creme brulee, as well as gelato. I think putting the amount of calories next to the items really changed my perception and appetite. I didn't feel like eating a bread pudding (my favourite) because it had more calories than a burger. If I'm going to stuff my face with 1500 calories, I'd prefer going for the meat.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience despite the hype. I don't think I would return because it wasn't amazing either. It's a bar - kind of like Earls or Cactus Club and wasn't very special. It was solid and worth a visit if you're downtown and looking for a place to eat when everywhere else is full.

Bistro Verde at Nordstrom Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment