Thursday 31 December 2015

Michael's Off Main

Our friends took us out to Michael's today because we wanted breakfast more than lunch. She said their bennies are really good.


The place was quite charming and busy on a Thursday morning. I was pleasantly surprised and had higher hopes given the crowd.


Brian had three slices of French Toast, which came with pan fries. He says it was adequate. I thought it was okay on its own and delicious upon soaking up all the maple syrup. The choice of bread was kind of disappointing- the crust was too thick, chewy, and hard to cut. Perhaps it was also because of the choice that made the crust soggy, and not crisp like it is supposed to.


I ordered a half portion of the classic Eggs Benedict. The fact that they had the half portion available was great. The sauce was a little bland though, didn't seem to be tart enough. My egg was also not funny enough. I had asked for my egg to be soft poached and my server asked if I wanted the egg white runny, to which I said no and so she said, "Medium then". I'm pretty sure you can have soft poached eggs with just set whites. It was a fine Bennie though, and I finished it. I even ate most of the pan fried despite them being not crispy enough.

Overall a decent place given that this is a small town on the island. If we were in Courtenay again and wanted to go out for breakfast, the food was solid enough to return to.

Michael's Off Main Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment