Saturday 28 June 2014

Santorini's Restaurant

Santorini's was on the bead trail, so we thought we'd try it out. I didn't end up getting a bead because I want to forget this dinner happened.

We ordered the full rack of ribs with mashed potatoes and an extra side of tossed green salad with raspberry vinaigrette.


The salad was really, really dry. It tastes like those store bought bags of lettuce and several days old. The salad dressing came in a little plastic container. It was really thick and artificial.

The ribs were really, really dry too. I thought you couldn't go wrong ordering ribs. But you can. Even Cloud 9 makes better ribs. I don't think they slow cooked it or marinated it long enough.

The mashed potatoes didn't have any potatoes in it, so I suspect it was powdered - which is good, I suppose of you can't make anything properly.

It also came with some broccoli, carrots, and corn and peas. The way the broccoli and carrots look and the mouth feel makes us think that they were microwaved or came frozen and just lightly steamed. It was very bland. The peas and corn definitely were from frozen bags.

Will not recommend or return. This is unfortunate as I thought their service was very good - our server was friendly, professional, and attentive. I couldn't tell her that the food sucked.

Santorini's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment